Comcast blocks port 25 incoming, yet again

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Thu May 1 15:28:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, April 30, 2008 6:20 pm, Joshua Ronne Altemoos said:
> I have read the list but I don't control what we get and what we don't. My
> roommate does and I have to make due with what is well know.
>
> On the matter of the modem it happens even when another computer is using
> the connection. I also do not know how to log into this modem.

I have a DSL connection with a modem that is designed to allow only
a single machine to access it. It worked fine with MacOS when I first
installed it, but it didn't work with Linux until I discovered that
it authorizes a machine when that machine uses the DSL modem to
resolve a DNS query.

Tech support was completely useless, and I only found out about it
when I listed all the differences in network configurations between
the Mac and the Linux box and then experimented with the results.

IM: jabr at jabber.blu.org / abreauj at AIM / abreauj at Yahoo / zusa_it_mgr at Skype
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

believed to be clean.