Computer repair shop

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon May 5 21:48:50 EDT 2008

DTVZ wrote:
> [a rather complete list of points re: internal pwr&gnd planes]

Yah, it's been years since I was a bench tech but I'm pretty sure
internal pwr&gnd planes are canonical these days.  IIRC (and the
smart money is betting that I don't) the only drawback is maybe
something about oddball capacitance (or was it inductance?)
problems when running very high speed signal traces next to
a ground plane.  But at *really* high speeds all bets are off
and it's all black magic anyway, yes?  So you might as well use
internal pwr&gnd planes for their manifest advantages and then
do your best to cope w/the other problems....