Palm vs other smart phones/PDAs

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Fri May 9 11:28:17 EDT 2008

On 05/09/2008 11:18 AM, Coleman Kane wrote:
> I've got a Treo 680 and I've liked it pretty well. Occasionally it
> resets itself (like acouple times per month), but not the kind of reset
> where it loses all data, it just reboots. I got it second-hand though,
> so the prev. owner might have dropped it in a sink or something. I had a
> data plan for awhile and the mini-browser that they use it pretty nice.
> I'm a bit dismayed that I can't get an Opera or Mozilla browser for it
> like you can for other handhelds.

Palm used to distribute a JVM for the Treo, but they stopped a few
months ago.  If you search with the google, you'll be able to find it.
With that, you should be able to install Opera, or at least I can on my
700p.  It's better than blazer, but that's not saying much.  Opera (or
the JVM) seems to hang my Treo pretty easily as well.

-Mark