Comcast blocks port 25 incoming, yet again (and the evils of Verizon/FairPoint)

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed May 21 11:59:05 EDT 2008

On May 20, 2008, at 22:33, Ben Scott wrote:

> Maybe it's because we always seem to be doing both at
> once.  :-/

+1 Insightful.

On May 20, 2008, at 23:16, Arc Riley wrote:

> we need to break the last mile problem, then let competition reign.
> if enough people want to and are willing to put the effort in, that
> monopoly can be broken

yeah, no kidding.  Any workable ideas?

> too many people are lazy, happy to pay "just one bill!", even if they
> know theyre being ripped off

Sounds like you're describing a market opportunity for a 'bill
aggregator'.  "Customers who don't mind being ripped off" has to be a
great opportunity.  Maybe members of the Nanny State Project would
sign up for a payroll deduction that would take care of all of their
utilities, insurance, and maintenance.  Thar's gold in them thar hills.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/