Ben Scott Saved Our Bacon (Was: GNHLUG is back on the Internet)

Bruce Dawson jbd at codemeta.com
Wed Nov 12 13:39:36 EST 2008

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> Ben spent tons of hours working on our server recovery and even took a
> day off of work to get it back in action.  He's the guy who really keeps
> our online presence running and we'd still be dead in the water without
> his efforts.
>
> I'm collecting funds here:
>
>    http://tinyurl.com/ben-scott-saved-our-bacon
>
> to buy Ben a ThinkGeek gift certificate as a thank-you for all his
> efforts, in the past two weeks and as always.  If you can spare ten
> bucks, please chip in for this fundable.  It's set to run only 5 days,
> so please contribute now.
>
> -Bill

Not to correct you Bill, but Ben has "saved our bacon" innumerable
times. From accurate answers to very vague questions on the mailing
list, to donating the server in the first place, to stepping up to bat
when no one else would. He definitely deserves this, and a lot more!

I've made my contribution, I hope a lot of others do too!

--Bruce