Update (K)Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Wed Nov 12 14:50:06 EST 2008

On 11/12/2008 02:44 PM, Thomas Charron wrote:
>   Anyone done it yet?  Any, "Your system wont work for 3 days while
> you frack with it" gotchas?

I had plain Ubuntu installed on my laptop and desktop.  I think I chose
the wrong mirror for the laptop and it told me there were no packages to
install when it came time to upgrade.  Switched to another mirror and
all was well.

Upgrading my desktop was quite painless - we have a local mirror, so it
was quite fast.
>   And most importantly, when the upgrade to KDE 4.1 happens, can you
> get compiz back?

Don't know about that, but in both cases I haven't seen any residual
problems.

-Mark