Update (K)Ubuntu 8.04 to 8.10

Greg Rundlett greg.rundlett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 21:06:18 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Jon 'maddog' Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
> I will write the article, pass it past my friend for his o.k. on
> accuracy and some URLs, and when I get it posted I will let you know.
>
> md

After watching a couple "Google Tech Talks" from the KDE4 Release
Event, I understand more about the underpinnings and future prospects
for KDE 4 -- making me more excited and willing to endure the changes.
 KDE 4 is more than just eyecandy.  (I like the eyecandy, but for me
it ranks way below other priorities like being fast, stable, and able
to run on both old and new hardware.)

I watched the 'keynote' and the shorter presentation by the lead of
the Amarok project talk about why they did a 180 from "We're leaving
KDE" to "We're loving KDE".

(from http://freephile.com/cms/content/super-computing)
[1] See the (1 hr.) Keynote presentation on the release of KDE 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2RwYF8-oZE

[2] See the Google Tech Talk about development of Amarok 2 on KDE 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DVHWIShpLk

more at
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kde+4.1+release

~ Greg
--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing