http://www.sysresccd.org

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Sun Nov 30 11:44:02 EST 2008

Those look nice guys!  Thanks!  I'll be put a copy of each in my tool kit.
I've been using Ubuntu Live CDs for such things so far, but these will
likely be of more help and faster.

Another good CD I keep in my tool kit is the Ultimate Boot
CD<http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/>.
Which is good for more than just linux.  One of my favorite things to use it
for is confirming the health of harddrives before I put them back into
production.

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net>wrote:

> "Michael ODonnell" <michael.odonnell at comcast.net> writes:
>
> > After being disappointed by the CentOS5.2 LiveCD
> > kit I'm pleased to report that the Gentoo-based
> > SystemRescueCD does not suck.  I found it remarkably
> > easy to customize to our needs and the same CD
> > (well, DVD in our case) can boot either a 32- or
> > 64-bit kernel (particularly useful in our case) and,
> > so far, it exhibits no rude behaviors like auto-mounting
> > my raw RAID mirrors or failing to find my drives...
>
> Fwiw, there's a great distro, Finnix, which is a LiveCD for sysadmins,
> which is also fairly easy to customize.
>
> http://www.finnix.org/
> --
> Seeya,