Converting HTML and MIME to plain text mail

Michael Pelletier mvpel at hushmail.com
Tue Oct 7 20:24:20 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: gnhlug-discuss-bounces at mail.gnhlug.org
[mailto:gnhlug-discuss-bounces at mail.gnhlug.org] On Behalf Of Ben Scott
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 7:56 PM
To: Greater NH Linux User Group
Subject: Re: Converting HTML and MIME to plain text mail

* Handle MIME file attachments

  Depending on the situation, it might make more sense to just decode
attachments and drop them as files in a directory somewhere, or append them
to the message body using UUENCODE or similar.
-------

You'd definitely want to go with uuencode conversion - automatically
dropping them in a directory somewhere would be WAY too new-fangled for this
project.  :-)

"Sonny, back in my day we sent our girlie pictures in ASCII, and we LIKED
it!"
http://www.cgi3d.com/ascii_art/ASCII%20Art.jpg (family-friendly link)

Maybe this e-mail filter could translate the Received-From headers into a
bang-path, so we could REALLY party like it's 1985...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVlNIUhHUI8

	-Michael Pelletier.