Converting HTML and MIME to plain text mail

Ric Werme ewerme at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 01:03:01 EDT 2008

> >> This should be decode to 8-bit clean plain text.
> >
> >  Nope.  Not if you're talking strict RFC-821/822 compliance.

> No. In the general case, you have been handed a BASE64 or
> quoted-printable encoding of random 8-bit data.

Oh.  Obviously convert it to uuencoding and let the recipient pipe the
mail file through uudecode.  If I wanted attachments that show up in
some random directory not of my choosing, I'd be using Windows.

Duh.  :-)

Who invented BASE64 anyway, when uuencoding work just fine already?
How many times do I have to see wheels reinvented in this dumb business,
anyway?