Converting HTML and MIME to plain text mail

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 08:25:07 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Brian Chabot <brian at datasquire.net> wrote:
>> From: "Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com>
>
> Uhh, Ben, is there a reason you're using a Japanese character set here?

  I wasn't, intentionally.  I had cut-and-pasted the "White Square"
from a Wikipedia article on Unicode.  I expected it to yield a message
using some kind of Unicode encoding (UTF-8 would make sense).
Apparently, I got something else.  I dunno if it was MS Windows,
Firefox, Gmail, or some combination that caused it.

  Interestingly, with Linux + Firefox + Gmail at home, that white
square (and the rest of the message) still displays properly.

-- Ben