Old rackmount equipment?

Dave Johnson dave-gnhlug-list at davej.org
Tue Oct 21 09:39:38 EDT 2008

Drew Van Zandt writes:
> Hey all,
>    I'm looking for old, not necessarily functional rackmount equipment to
> fill a rack with for some airflow experiments I'm doing, and I was wondering
> if anyone had junk lying around that would qualify.  Anything I can bolt
> into a rack will do, from shelves to token-ring switches.  Bonus points if I
> can plug it in and it produces heat (but not fire, preferably.)

I've got 3 Bay/Nortel BayStack 450 switches (1.5U) with rack-mount
hardware, stacking modules, various uplink modules, etc...  Fully
functional (though I think one has a single broken fan).  Free to you
or anyone else who wants to put them to actual use and can pick them
up from Dracut MA.

They heat left to right instead of front to back, not sure how that'll
play into your airflow experiments.

--
Dave