Phones for Asterisk and single-pair old phone wiring?

Michael Pelletier mvpel at hushmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:08:23 EDT 2008

I was thinking it would be easy enough to adapt a wall wart to power the
unit at the desks - here's a 24V 750mA unit for $13.50 each:

http://www.powerstream.com/24-volt-dir.htm

The DDW-220 pulls 300mA at 20VDC.  Either attach a socket (Radio Shack) to
the power lead or hard-wire the wall wart.

Or perhaps you could run power over another pair of the old copper, if
available, to power multiple units from a larger DC power supply in the
datacenter.

Ah, the joys of legacy hardware...

	-Michael Pelletier.