Looking for people's experience with po files.

Michael Pelletier mvpel at hushmail.com
Wed Sep 10 11:57:44 EDT 2008

As I see it, the key advantage you'd have in converting this Bash script to
gettext() is the fact that it's a uniform approach to internationalization
that's well-understood by software developers involved in multi-lingual
code.  So rather than some poor fellow five years from now having to figure
out and maintain the script's ad-hoc and likely arcane and suboptimal
implementation, standard tools and procedures can be used.

It'd be a bit of a project to reimpliment the multi-lingual operation of a
10k-line script, but worthwhile in the long run if the lifetime of this
script stretches into the foreseeable future.  You could probably write a
Perl script to do most of the conversion for you, for that matter.

	-Michael Pelletier.