Ubuntu

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:29:46 EDT 2008

>  Debian has been struggling to decrease the time between "stable"
> releases for at least ten years, and it never happens.  Personally, I
> think they'd be better off just accepting the long release cycle for
> what it is, but that's not really my business.  :)

Well they *are* making a bit of progress there: years between releases
0.49
0.48
1.13
0.62
1.44
1.93
2.88
1.84
1.43
 but yes , it would be good for the DDs to accept and embrace the
synergy implicit in the de facto reality that Ubuntu is the fast
release desktop branch of Sid and the stable Debian release are more
comparable to Ubuntu Long Term Support (LTS) releases, good for
servers that need security and bug fixes for years but don't need the
latest flex/flash/adobe player.

That said, I got a Lenny Live disk on the cover of a Brit Linux rag
[http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/issues/2008/94], the one with MadDog
on the cover [http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/online/blogs/paw_prints_writings_of_the_maddog].
Yeah MadDog !

--