iptables

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Mon Sep 22 10:27:08 EDT 2008

On Monday 22 September 2008 10:06, Labitt, Bruce wrote:
> I am trying to configure my firewall at work.  I need to have an
> internal trusted network (my number-cruncher) and everything else.  The
> trusted network is on eth0, and the other is on eth1.
>
> How do I set this up?  IIRC I had this setup for my myth-box.  However,
> I haven't found the answer in the archives.

I remember a conversation about this coming up (not sure if it was you or
someone else) where the one missing piece of the puzzle was enabling IP
forwarding in the kernel for the appropriate interfaces (or all as below)
echo 1> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forwarding

This assumes you've got your IPTables rules setup right of course to do any
blocking/redirecting/etc you have in mind and I'm sure there are lots of
how-tos that Google can find there.
-N