Blackberry webpages

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 13:35:55 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:
> This is a bit off topic, but does anybody know of any programs or
> webpages that will let me test a website to see how it will look on a
> blackberry?

  Research In Motion loves Java.  The handhelds present Java as their
"OS".  The IDE (which runs on 'doze) is Java-based as well.  The IDE
includes a Java-based handheld simulator for each model.  You can get
it from their website for "free" (i.e., registration and licensing
doesn't require cash).  The server package they give to business
customers also uses Java for almost everything.

-- Ben