set -e (was: RHEL-CentOS conversion scripts (was Re: apache?))

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Fri Apr 10 19:12:27 EDT 2009

> the basic echoing of commands that I know is out there some where
> would make my scripts way more professional.  Anyone know that?

Not quite sure what you're referring to but between bash's -x and -v
options you will probably get as much chatty output as you could ever
want. If you remember nothing else it's worth keeping in mind that
bash offers lots of good interactive help. For example, the options in
question are described as part of the "set" command, so if you say:

   help set

...you'll probably see what you want.