Dell Studio Hybrid won't work with ViewSonic vx2235wm monitor (DVI)

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Mon Apr 13 09:23:25 EDT 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009 08:39:32 am Greg Rundlett wrote:
> Because there is no signal, the monitor light is amber
> rather than blue.  The cable is known to work with my MacBook Pro.
> The monitor is known to work (in Digital mode) connected to my MacBook
> Pro.  (The monitor also works in VGA mode, but that is beside the
> point.)

Sounds like you verified the cable and the monitor fine.  I'm curious when it
stops working or if it never worked.  You mentioned upgrading drivers and
everything - does that mean the monitor works for BIOS POST stuff and then
goes off when the system tries to load the graphics drivers or a framebuffer
or something?  Or have you never gotten any image on the monitor with the
Dell machine and the DVI cable to that monitor?
-N