Listen to your log files

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Wed Aug 19 09:10:23 EDT 2009

> LOL.  What a fantastic idea!  I'm gonna have to design a PCI card to
> do that... oh, wait.  That would be better implemented as a USB
> device, wouldn't it?  That way your smells would be mobile, and the
> device could be of arbitrary size.

I think you should freely publish the hardware design of your USB
device, and allow people to mass produce it and compete to make it
smaller, better, faster and in more designs.

Then you could form a site where people could download "ringsmells(TM)"
of different categories:

girlfriend: lavender and lace
boyfriend: musk
wife: satin sheets and talc
boss: Hmmmm, selectable

all paid for by advertising according to "ringsmell" downloaded.

Warmest regards,

maddog