Listen to your log files

Mark Ellison ellison at ieee.org
Thu Aug 20 14:39:59 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Michael
ODonnell<michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:

>> oh, wait.  That would be better implemented as a USB device,
>> wouldn't it?  That way your smells would be mobile, and the
>> device could be of arbitrary size.
>
> Weirder people than y'all (yes, they exist) are way ahead of you...
>
>   http://www.google.com/search?q=usb+aroma+therapy

Thanks everyone for an entertaining discussion thread.  My "take-away"
from this conversation is that the 'listening to your logfile' thing
is more a novelty or 'one-off' accommodation for corner cases.

I saw a USB based toy missile launcher in the Edmunds Scientific
catalog today...could be the basis for indicating when a system has
gone ballistic ;-)

Regards,

Mark
http://EllisonSoftware.com/