Network/System Monitors

Kenny Lussier klussier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 14:49:09 EDT 2009

Hi All,

We are currently using Nagios for monitoring systems and some network gear.
However, we have found that it is a little lacking in a few areas:

Predictive threshold
SFlow tracking
Monitoring several sites from a single data collector.

Does anyone have any experience with network/system monitors that combine
the functionality of Nagios, Cacti, SFlow, etc.? We are looking into
products from Solar Winds and ManageEngines right now, but I would like to
hear from others what they think? I am open to OSS and commercial products.

Thanks,
Kenny