Wifi @ Nashua Library?

Marc Nozell (marc@nozell.com) nozell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:49:22 EDT 2009

The Nashua Public Library has free wifi, but I've not been able to
connect, but other Windows users nearby have.  It is an unsecured
network so it isn't a key or passphrase problem.

I see in the logs that dhclient isn't getting a lease:

Aug 22 15:46:57 mnote NetworkManager: <info>  Device 'eth1' DHCP
transaction took too long (>45s), stopping it.

It looks like NetworkManager is hardcoded to only wait 45s before timing out.

I'm using Ubuntu/Jaunty.  Anyone successful?

-marc

--
Marc Nozell (marc at nozell.com) http://www.nozell.com/blog