New HP dv6 laptop and Knoppix

Michael Nolin michaelnolin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 15 15:11:21 EST 2009

--- On Tue, 12/15/09, Bill Freeman <f at ke1g.mv.com> wrote:

> > --- On Sun, 12/13/09, Michael Nolin <michaelnolin at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > > The laptop I bought the kids for Christmas
> arrived and it
> > > did not boot windoz 7. After an hour and a half
> on the phone
> > > with HP tech support I got a case# and an order
> number for a
> > > new hard drive due to arrive on the 17. HP's
> diagnostics
> > > test 'hard drive:failed'.

My user experience is still being enhanced on the phone with HP techcenter. New replacement hard drive arrived, installed passed hard drive diagnostics. 'No operating system installed'  apparently no HP recovery partition either.  I'm sure Knoppix would confirm I received a perfectly working but blank hard drive. The return center passed me back to the techcenter which is processing a recovery CD order which of course I had already asked for along with the replacement hard drive.

Just asked, "you did not create a recovery CD"... not possible from a hard drive that failed diagnostics.

New order #, for a recovery CD, free of charge and under warranty and all, guess I'll need to call back for that RMA# I had originally called for.

Mike

"Merry Christmas and peace among men of good will."