Gaming... for three-year-olds...

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Dec 16 08:59:11 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:31 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio <ken at jots.org> wrote:

> Okay.  Kenette 2.0 is approx. 3.5 years in age.  She's currently getting
> into games on her "laptop," a Fisher Price doohickey that even has a
> "mouse."  Anyway, suggestions on games that might run on a somewhat more
> open architecture like, say... Linux?

A web browser with flash.  My son started at 3 and is now 6.  He goes to
nickjr, webkins, club penguin, disney.  He clicks on everything.

He  runs Windows and IE7 w/ Avast and no administrator rights.  I have been
able to login to Webkins on linux and play a game against him from another
account.

I should set him up with Firefox + adblocker.

Webkins Jr didn't seem to work on any OS until I ran it through my squid
proxy.

I installed some of the linux education packages that got ported to
windows.  Compis?  He runs them sometimes.

Numpty Physics is an interesting cross platform game.