VOIP vs POTS was: Re: [semi-OT] alternatives to FairPoint in Nashua?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Dec 21 22:28:22 EST 2009

On 12/07/2009 11:21 PM, Ben Scott wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Gerry Hull<gerry at telosity.com>  wrote:
>> >  Though this lowers my reliability, I still contend
>> >  it's 59s because of backups to cell, etc.
>    Er, if it's down, it's down.  That's what counts.  The fact that you
> have alternatives don't mean it isn't down.

Heh, it's funny how two people can read the same thing and have
completely opposite but possibly accurate conclusions.  :)

I took that to mean Gerry had cellular data as a backup route for his
network (3G would be fine, but too expensive to use as primary).

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle