Linux on a Sun Blade 2500?

Thomas Coughlin tcoughlin1234 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 09:59:45 EST 2009

 I am trying to find a source to help me get Linux on a Sun Blade 2500 I have. I am new to the Linux world, but as far as I can tell it is the only software that I can load on a Sun system to use as for things like web browsing and so on like on an Intel based PC with Windows on it. I tried downloading a version I thought was correct for the Sun Blade 2500 to CD and the DVD version. When I boot the pc with the DVD version in the drive and do a"stop a" it says "cant locate boot device". and if I type boot CDROM it says "bad magic number in disk label Cant open disk label Package. I was under the assumption once I loaded the CD or DVD it would start the process. I even tried using Partition magic and it wont recognize that. This system currently has Solaris and a 3rd party software on it and I just want to wipe it clean and load Linux. Can you help? If not sorry to bother you. Thank you either way for your time. The software I am trying to load is debian-40r6-sparc-CD-1.iso or debian-4.0r6-sparc-DVD-1.iso downloaded form the WWW.Linux.org site. Also after a "stop a' then typing load cdrom/cdrom0 its says it cant locate boot device using either version. When I do a boot cdrom with the CD version it reboots but give the same Bad magic number message and the the word Evaluating: then cant open boot device. HELP!

Tom