FREE - IBM CDPD Cellular Modem (P/N 04H7387)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 13:17:30 EST 2009

Offered is an IBM CDPD Cellular Modem (P/N 04H7387) PCMCIA adapter
with two anntenna+cable assemblies with mounting brackets.
Believed to be working when put into storage back in 2004 but
the batteries (four AA in each antenna module) leaked a bit so
the condition of the two anntenna modules (after you clean the
battery case contacts) is *probably* OK but currently unknown.
The PCMCIA card itself is pristine.

This is not a "normal" dialup modem, a cable modem or a DSL modem.
You plug the PCMCIA card into your computer (typically a laptop
but anything that accepts PCMCIA cards) and your computer can then
use the cellphone networks (assuming you've arranged with your
carrier for that level of service) to connect to the Internet.

   http://www.google.com/search?q=04H7387

This is leftovers from Mission Critical Linux but I never got
around to using it, so I'm hoping to find it a good home...