Odd log messages from ISC BIND named

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:44:28 EST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:31 AM,  <VirginSnow at vfemail.net> wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 00:45:17 -0500
>> From: Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com>
>> Cc: gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org
>>   WHAT Cryptosystem?  How do you jump from '100 oddball DNS requests'
>> to 'cryptosystem'?
> Have you been following the "known plaintext attack" thread?  If not,
> please reread.

  I have.  And looking back, you just came out of the blue to the
conclusion that sometimes trying to possible break into someones
network by sending DNS requests to random hosts.  I understand WHAT
your saying, but how you got there is an awfully rocky road.  For
instance, you logic is flawed when it comes to it being perfectly
logical that it would move to a different host after 100 packets.  If
it where indeed attempting that, it wouldn't cycle IPs at 100.  To get
a full sweep it would have done 256 queries.

  Everything you said is *technically* accurate, but since you've
explained it so poorly, I have to assume your reading this somewhere
and just reiterating it as your own.

--
-- Thomas