linux accounting software or cheap winxp

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 19:08:57 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Lloyd Kvam <python at venix.com> wrote:
> I could not find any adequate business accounting packages for Linux.

  In the past, I examined Quasar Accounting from Linux Canada
<http://www.linuxcanada.com/>.  The core is GPL.  True client/server.
Runs on Linux and Windows.  It seemed kind of like a QuickBooks clone,
except without all the fancy graphics and Accounting 101 help files.
>From a technical perspective, it appeared very solid.  Unfortunately,
I know nothing of accounting, so I could not test that aspect (which
is, of course, the important aspect).

  But I would be really interested in hearing about someone who
reviewed it from that POV.

-- Ben