linux accounting software or cheap winxp

Greg Rundlett (freephile) greg at freephile.com
Sat Feb 14 21:23:42 EST 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> On 02/13/2009 06:29 PM, Lloyd Kvam wrote:
>> I could not find any adequate business accounting packages for Linux.
>
> I'm going to be trying out Postbooks once I get my current set of
> billing out (currently on LedgerSMB, a fork of SQLLedger).
>
> -Bill

Thanks for that Bill.

I hadn't heard of Postbooks before.  From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postbooks "the name suggests PostBooks as
a logical step of progression for businesses that have outgrown the
popular QuickBooks small business accounting product by Intuit."

Also for those looking for alternatives to QuickBooks, one product
that appears to be very solid is OpenERP (formerly TinyERP)
http://www.openerp.com/discover/erp-comparisons.html They apparently
compare well to active projects such as Compiere.

~ Greg

--
Greg Rundlett
Web Developer - Initiative in Innovative Computing