compiling gcc q's

Michael Nolin michaelnolin at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 12:14:42 EST 2009

> I'm trying to get a more modern version of gcc on my
> Cell Blade, so I
> thought I'd compile it.  I've run into an error
> right away in the
> configure stage.
>

> configure:4573: gcc -o conftest -g O2 -I/usr/local/include
> -I/usr/local/include conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib
> -L/usr/local/lib -lmpfr
> -lgmp >&5
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible
> /usr/local/lib/libmpfr.so when
> searching for -lmfpr
> .
> .

I'm usually building cross compilers for ARM and such, I often get errors when I try to build a gcc cross compiler before building the related binutils tools which will make the linker tool and dependencies. I have to be sure I get releases of gcc and binutils that were part of the same tools release.

mnolin at NOLIN-ws:/local/gnu>
binutils-2.17/  gcc-4.1.0/  gdb

Michael Nolin