Blackduck Software and IP

Paul Moore pcmoore at umich.edu
Wed Jan 14 17:49:13 EST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 3:35:40 pm Jeff Macdonald wrote:
> This isn't strictly Linux related, but a pointy-hair boss here
> mentioned to a peer of mine the desire to bring these folks in. I'm at
> a loss why any company would actually need such a service, so I'm
> wondering if any of you have anyinsight.

A good, free (both beer and source) place to start would be with FOSSbazar[1]
and FOSSology[2].  I don't know a ton about either, but those I know who
worry about these things have had good things to say about them.

[FULL DISCLOSURE: I do work for HP who originally released the FOSSology tool
and spearheaded the FOSSbazar initiative]

[1] https://fossbazaar.org/home
[2] http://fossology.org