sftp and chroot?

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Fri Jan 16 15:13:18 EST 2009

Paul Lussier writes:

> Has anyone set up sftp in a chroot environment before?
> My IT guy is trying and having a helluva time on Centos 5...
>
> If anyone knows of any gotchas or tricks I could pass over to him, I'm
> sure he'd very much appreciate it.

I was tangentially involved with somebody setting this up recently.
The guy who I was interacting with told me that it was his
understanding that this worked with OpenSSH version 5.x but there was
some problem in 4.x.  I put together some new RPMs for him to solve
this problem, and I haven't heard back from him yet...I assume he got
it working...

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                It's cold out there, colder than
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                a ticket taker's smile at the