Ubuntu NH Remix 9.04

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 15:34:38 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com>wrote:

> Oh, right, I mean after you've conquered that hill. :)  For better or
> worse, there's a large segment of the population that goes to Staples to
> find software.

This is true, but that's a project for another team within Ubuntu/Canonical.

NH has about 475k households, so with 2500 CDs we'll be able to reach about
0.5% of households.  I think we'll be able to do this through libraries and
through sponsors alone, but of course we'll have many for handing out to
people we meet.

If only half the people taking a CD actually end up using Ubuntu, that will
increase the number of Linux users in NH by 0.25%, a fairly big gain to make
in 6 months from one effort.  This doesn't take into account people sharing
CDs or downloading them to burn .iso's.  I think the effort will be well
worth it, for us and our sponsors, with only a .1% increase (500 new users).