video streaming and caching proxies

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:43:23 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying.
> Just curious, if they're not purporting, how do folks know that it can be
> turned on?

  Same codebase with OSX, where it can be, because it just uses the
native client which is available.  :-D

>> the hacks at slashdot mis-reported the story, and never corrected it.
>> then the jokes at lwn decided to report the slashdot article without
>> bothering to confirm."
> :feigns shock:
> I've never tried using any of the VNC recording tools, I wonder what kind of
> framerate they can handle.

  No idea, but I know that DirecTV PC clients specifically require
drivers which disallow framegrabbing, etc while the app is running.  I
assume anything Netflix uses would do the same.

--
-- Thomas