WAP/Router for use with OpenVPN

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Tue Jul 7 10:51:07 EDT 2009

On 07/07/2009 10:36 AM, Tom Buskey wrote:

> I can think of some work arounds:

Thanks, but...
> 1) Run OpenVPN on the home server and redirect the ports on Tomato.
> I'm not familiar enough with OpenVPN to know if this is possible.
I've gone full OpenVPN retard.  I tried setting it up, but I don't have
it working at all.  Most likely some problem with routing that I'm
unable to figure out.  I've spent part of the weekend trying to figure
out what was going on, then decided my time was better spent doing
something else and just find an already-existing box that ease my
configuration issues.
> 2) Use SSH redirects to the server.  I've seen this with batch scripts
> on windows.  On Linux, I've used SSHFS.

That would be fine for me.  But the solution has to be wife-friendly.
Anything more complicated than "double-click this, enter your password,
and your home directory magically appears" and its usefulness
disappears.  There are other services I'd want to access like my
squeezecenter server, so having a list of SSH redirects becomes a bit of
a burden to maintain.

-Mark