Boston Linux Meeting Wed, July 15, 2009 Another Look at MythTV and MythDora

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Jul 9 00:04:37 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 21:57:01 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> When:      July 15, 2009 7PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
> Topic:     Building an open-source PVR (TiVo workalike) with Fedora
> Moderator: Jarod Wilson
> Location:  MIT Building E51, Room 315
>
>     Jarod discusses the current state of MythTV, which is expected to
> have a new release (MythTV 0.22) shortly before the date of this meeting.
>
>     Jarod is involved in the MythDora project, which maintains a simple
> installation ISO image based on Fedora. Back in January 2009, the
> MythDora project announced that MythDora had finally been updated to
> catch up with the Fedora baseline, and as of the 10.21 release, MythDora
> was now based on the still-new Fedora 10.
>
>     With luck, a new release of MythDora based on Fedora 11 and MythTV
> 0.22 may be released before the date of this meeting.

Wow, this sorta... Snuck up on me. MythTV 0.22 won't be released by
next week, and there won't be a new MythDora release just yet, but I
think there's still plenty to talk about... :)

Now, I don't actually have anything prepared yet, so hey, why not get
the ball rolling now: what exactly do people planning to attend most
want to hear about? VDPAU? The HD PVR? New and interesting things in
the world of LIRC? Potential commercial ventures utilizing MythTV?

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com