Openmoko/Neo FreeRunner, nanocomputing (was: best office/home office setup - the telecommuter)

Alan Johnson alan at datdec.com
Sat Jul 25 11:27:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Joshua Judson
Rosen<rozzin at geekspace.com> wrote:
> Alan Johnson <alan at datdec.com> writes:
>> Maybe not, but some day.  Then again, maybe now depending on the
>> kind of work and the if it can support USB video adapters.
>
> My guess is that the USB 1.1 isn't quite fast enough to support any
> particularly high-resolution/-framerate graphics (ditto for the
> HDD). QVGA, maybe? But the *inbuilt* display is a full, beautiful
> 640x480, so you might be better-off just putting a big Fresnel lens in
> front of it. :)

USB 1.1?  I missed the spec and am very surprised.  Next version
maybe...  Ohh, oh, or maybe they'll do HDMI?  I'm not sure about
fitting that in a phone though, but that would make for a really nice
docking experience.

> I've had one for about six months now, so I can say firsthand:
> it's *wicked* cool :)

I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous!  However, like Neil, I'm sure I would
just not find time to play with it as much as I'd like.

--
Alan Johnson
alan at datdec.com