best office/home office setup - the telecommuter

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 00:20:45 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Gordon Marx <gcmarx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, I haven't been able to find a dock that has two DVI
> outputs -- while I appreciate that the dock has 1 DVI and 1 VGA, I'd
> really rather have 2 DVI, or even DisplayPort (but I'm not sure anyone
> is THAT cool yet).

The Advanced Dock for T60  & W/T500 has slot for pci-mini to add second
graphics adapter, wwhich would get you the secondd dvi.

I find Ubuntu intrepid on my new T61 touchier about mixing different sizes
of onboard and off in one desktop than on my old T42. And the T60 is getting
x.org crashes.
Ubuntu Jaunty picked up net X.org release which includes net Intel code, so
while some things are simplified, there may be the odd gap.
I need to check chipsets, i might be better off moving both or one up to
Jaunty.

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com