Linux-compatible scanner with ADF

Chip Marshall chip at 2bithacker.net
Fri Jun 5 11:15:39 EDT 2009

On June 05, 2009, VirginSnow at vfemail.net sent me the following:
> I've consulted the usual suspects: newegg, ebay, staples, best buy...
> even juggernauts like target.  Alas, the only scanners they offer with
> ADFs are either (1) Linux-incompatible brands like Brother or (2) in
> excess of $300.

http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html

Also, I've heard the Brother MFC-7440N, a multifunction printer with
sheet fed scanner, can drop scanned images to an FTP server, and goes
for around $200.

From some research I did a few months back, it seems like the lowest
cost way to get an ADF scanner is to buy an MFP.

--
Chip Marshall <chip at 2bithacker.net>
http://weblog.2bithacker.net/          KB1QYW        PGP key ID 43C4819E