[OT] Experience with getting participation in school web site by teachers

Martin Ledoux mdledoux at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 13:57:11 EDT 2009

I think Bill is right (especially with his experience with the product).

Moodle is probably the best choice given the academic context - wordpress
and plone are great "general CMSs", but Moodle has all of the educational
"custom" features that you would have to make on your own.  My understanding
is that its the open-source version of BlackBoard

Also, O'Reilly has a book about Moodle.  Eveytime I hit the
computer/programming section of Barnes and Noble in Newington/Portsmouth,
there's been a copy on the shelf for at least a year - not a hot book,
unless you have that very niche need....not sure if you can sample the book
online, so its probably still there if you want to peruse it.

Good luck

-Martin Ledoux

Dan - any relation to Hannah Jenkins....I recall her mentioning an "Uncle
Dan", or something like that....after all, Dan and Jenkins are really
uncommon names! ;-)

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Bill Sconce <sconce at in-spec-inc.com> wrote:

>  Moodle...
>
>  It does many of those things.
>  (Of course, it also does real education stuff, course content management,
>  class forums, etc.  :)
>
> -Bill

Martin