Analog Modems?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Jun 22 13:08:23 EDT 2009

On 06/22/2009 05:03 AM, Brian Chabot wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone here might know of an affordable, stand-alone
> device which would server as an analog modem on one side and ethernet or
> wifi on the other?

The original Apple Airport did this, with decent dial-on-demand.  There
might be a decent volume in surplus.  802.11b only, though.

There used to be howtos on setting this up with a generic linux box;
some of the WRT* line had serial ports or headers for them.

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/