Thunderbird question

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Tue Mar 3 22:53:28 EST 2009

Cole Tuininga wrote:
> I IMAP in under my
> "colet at code-energy.com" account and send stuff out by SMTP AUTHing into
> my mail server and setting the from address as "colet at code-energy.com".
>  Then (at least, under Evolution) I have cole at tuininga.org set up to use
> that same unix account just for sending ... no IMAP, no POP.
>
> I cannot seem to figure out how to do this with Thunderbird.  There
> doesn't seem to be the concept of a mail account to use for sending
> only, without having an associated IMAP or POP connection.

I think I grok what you're looking for.

I have all my mail on my server as myusername at myserver.com but I send as
many addresses... so I think I'm already doing what you're looking for:

Edit -> Account Settings -> [select your IMAP account] -> Manage
Identities -> Add

When you're done, and you compose an email, you should have a drop-down
list of identities in the From field at the top.

Brian