USB Question...

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 09:12:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:21 AM, Brian Chabot <brian at datasquire.net> wrote:
> Is the device not liking my low-speed hub?

  Any time one has trouble with a USB device on a hub, the first thing
to do is to try plugging it directly into the host's USB port.

  That said, I second the suggestion of possible logical corruption on
the storage device.  Attempts to access beyond the end of the device
typically indicate a corrupt filesystem or partition table.  Some data
structure on disk points past the end of the device, and the
filesystem or partition driver then triggers the error.

-- Ben