USB Question...

Thomas Charron twaffle at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:07:26 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Brian Chabot <brian at datasquire.net> wrote:
> Thomas Charron wrote:
>>   There where fixes in both in newer versions.  2.6.24 included USB
>> fixes size issues, as well as hal 0.5.11.
> I'm trying to keep this system as close to "stock" as possible, so I'll
> integrate those as soon as Mandriva's normal update repositories have
> them...
>>   What does this command show:
>> cat /sys/block/sdb/size /sys/block/sdb/sdb1/size
> $ cat /sys/block/sdb/size
> 246864
> $ cat /sys/block/sdb/sdb1/size
> 251937
> $
> Jives with /var/log/messages and fdisk just like it should, and shows
> the same error.

  Wait, fdisk reports that as well?  That fugged up.  The size of the
partition is *bigger* then the disk size.  The fixes to the kernel and
hal are fixes for disks larger then 2 gig, but if fdisk itself when
reading the disk information shows information like that..

  That sounds like bad partition information.

--
-- Thomas