DSL Alternatives to Fairpoint?

Gerry Hull gerry at telosity.com
Fri Mar 13 10:53:29 EDT 2009

Hey All,

I'm in Greenfield, 03047... using residential 7.1/768 dynamic-ip service for
$51/month from Fairpoint....

Technically, it works fine... I'm  less than 1000 feet from the CO building
in Greenfield.

However, Fairpoint as a company is a total mess.   When I signed up for an
account in January, it was supposed to be billed to my credit card.
So far, they have billed $1.   I had not received a bill until today.   Now,
when I try to log on to myfairpoint.net to pay the bill, the web site is
broken.
I call support, get put on hold for 15 minutes, and then they say "There is
notthing we can do, we are working on the problem."     From what I read
on the net, this has been going on for several weeks.  Sure, I can pay by
fone, but for another fee!!

How about some suggestions for local DSL resellers (NH, MA) who are on the
ball?

Although I know many of you like MV, I prefer to say away from them.

I know I'll probably have to pay more than $50 for 7.1/768, but a little
more for a lot more peace of mind would help.

Gerry
A Windows devleoper doing Asterisk and FreeSwitch development on CentOS --
and loving it.