Python, Windows, and Cygwin

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Mar 16 11:08:36 EDT 2009

Thanks for the response, Walter!

Walter Mundt <emage at spamcop.net> writes:

> For what it's worth, if you just associate .py files with a Python
> installation in C:\Python via the standard Windows mechanism for
> specifying what application loads a particular extension, it doesn't
> matter that the path at the top of the script files is wrong.  After
> all, Windows doesn't generally pay any attention to such things anyway.

You assume I have a clue to what you're talking about :)

I have no idea how to do that...

Also, given that I want to be able to ssh into the windows system and
exec a python script directly, will that make a difference ?  I'm not
sure how different the cygwin environment is from the normal Windows
environment.  And when I ssh into the Windows system, I'm definitely
under the Cygwin influence.

--
Seeya,
Paul