Python, Windows, and Cygwin

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Mon Mar 16 11:50:31 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-03-16 at 10:08 -0500, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Thanks for the response, Walter!
>
> Walter Mundt <emage at spamcop.net> writes:
>
> > For what it's worth, if you just associate .py files with a Python
> > installation in C:\Python via the standard Windows mechanism for
> > specifying what application loads a particular extension, it doesn't
> > matter that the path at the top of the script files is wrong.  After
> > all, Windows doesn't generally pay any attention to such things anyway.
>
> You assume I have a clue to what you're talking about :)

The Python-Sig list will have more of the Windows Python guys than the
discuss list.

I think the Active-State and regular Python distributions set the
Windows path and environment correctly.  The win32all module was a
separate download, but that may no longer be true.  I am lagging behind
on the Windows side (2.4).  I do my development in Linux and just check
test Windows.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp