OT? Shipping issues?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 15:34:59 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Hewitt_Tech <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> wrote:
> Recently I've noticed that both major overnight package delivery
> companies have been damaging packages.

  Other than the "Recently" part, your experience matches mine.
Shipping eats boxes, but this isn't news.

  My favorite was a story told to me at UNH, where a rather expensive
new computer arrived with holes in the box and BB shot rolling around
inside.  Apparently, someone had used it for target practice.  This
was no more recently than 1996.

  I once had a $40,000 equipment shipment arrive with one box crushed
-- and with tire tread marks on the crushed corner.  The trunk driver
was distinctly annoyed with me for refusing to accept the shipment in
that condition.  This was circa 2001.

  Just yesterday, we had a $5000 printer arrive with a hole punched
through three layers of boxes -- and the side of the printer.

-- Ben